1. Overlapping voids between two or more sheets are unacceptable.
2. The maximum acceptable length of any single void encapsulated in asphalt is 2".
3. The total length of all voids encapsulated in asphalt shall be less than 4" between any two sheets.
4. Dry voids, the absence of asphalt between sheets, are unacceptable.
5. Voids continuous through the specimen are unacceptable.
6. Interply moisture in voids is unacceptable.
7. Sheet shall not touch sheet in any location.
Shall examination indicate a lack of the correct quantity of asphalt, additional ASTM D 3617 test cuts shall be made at four locations diagonally, 10 feet in each direction from the original test cut. Repeat the test cuts until the deficiency no longer exists, and install the specified sheets and asphalt over the affected area.
Roof System Membrane Construction
Daily Installation: The installation of all reinforcing sheets started during the day shall be completed in the same day including the reflective surfacing or an asphalt glaze coating. Phased installation is prohibited. The reflective surfacing may be delayed for up to six months.
Install M60 RubrPoly Reinforcing Sheets
to Construct Flashing Membranes
Flashings: Flashing membranes shall be completed on a daily basis. Non-asphalt surfaces such as concrete and metal surfaces that come into contact with asphalt roof system components shall first be primed with M400 RubrPrime, and the primer shall be allowed to dry prior to further installations. Metal wall or curb caps and counterflashings shall be secured with M300 RubrMastic and mechanical fasteners per the "Roof Flashing Details" section. No condition shall be allowed that would permit moisture entering behind, around, or under the flashing and roof membrane sheets. Temporary flashing installations shall be monitored daily for lap openings and voids that may allow moisture to enter.
One of the Following Fields Reflective Surfacings shall
B. Reflective Minerals
C. Reflective Cap Sheets
Fields reserves the right to modify, add, or delete any requirement(s) at any time. Requirement change(s) must be in writing and signed by the Fields Roof Systems Technical Manager.
Copyright © 2003 Fields Company, LLC. All rights reserved.